Volunteer Crew Application
Do you have what it takes to be a crew member aboard William the Fourth?
- A passion for maritime history?
- Are you keen to be an active volunteer and provide a valuable community service?
- Proud to show off our beautiful city and magnificent harbour to visitors?
- Join a unique group of dedicated enthusiasts and become member of an important team?
- Want a healthy outdoor activity in your spare time?
- Are willing to be trained and will adhere to formal procedures?
Then we are keen to have you join our team of volunteers.
William the Fourth is owned by William the Fourth Inc. and all crew become members of this incorporated association. New members undergo a 3 month probationary period where they participate in operations and become familiar with the ship.
The ship is entirely maintained and operated by volunteers and operates under commercial licence and AMSA survey category 1E. The licence requires:
- a certificated qualified master – near coastal under 35m, with local knowledge certificate for Newcastle Harbour
- a certificated engineer – MED3, as well as one licenced GPH
- at least four trainees or general deck hands are also used at all times.
A full crew training programme is available and drills are conducted regularly.
If you would love to join us as a volunteer crew member, we would love to hear from you.
Fill in the form below as fully as possible, and tell us why we should bring you on board as a volunteer crew member and what skill sets you can bring to the party, and we will get back to you after the committee have reviewed your application.